Managing diverse and complex stakeholder objectives during the duration of the project is challenging. However, managing a service team with complex and diverse deliverables are equally challenging. Five tips that I feel might help you navigate through your project plan.
- Communicate and agree to clear, meaningful and effective goals and expectations to your team. Winning as an individual and as a team is rewarding and motivating.
- Trusting each other’s abilities. This not only inspires confidence and empowerment but also creates a secure environment which allows for mistakes and learning.
- Encourage open communication which fosters innovative ideas and solutions. You will never get a better solution than from people who are on the ground.
- Create a culture that suits the project team and let the team determine, drive the culture and find their fit.
- Allow different teams to share their war stories from previous projects – there is always a common thread that binds these stories together
Written by: Zaida Enver, Pure Grit CEO